The City of Coon Rapids accepts applications only when a job is advertised on our employment website. Jobs are also advertised on the League of Minnesota Cities website. Applications must be received by the closing date and time listed on the posting. Late applications will not receive further consideration.
The City of Coon Rapids accepts all applications for employment online.
- Each job posting requires a separate application and supplemental forms (when required) to be submitted.
- Document all paid employment experience on your application.
- Work experience requirements will be pro-rated based on full-time equivalency. For example: 1 year of related experience in half-time employment counts as 6 months of work experience.
- All paid experience listed on the supplemental application must also be listed on the employment application form to receive appropriate credit.
- Initial screening for job vacancies is based solely on the information provided on the employment application form and, when applicable, required supplemental application forms.
- Resumes will only be considered when specifically requested and only serve to clarify information listed on the application and supplemental application forms.
Equal Opportunity Statement (EEOC)
The city will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or membership activity in a local commission. The city will take affirmative action to ensure that employment practices are free of such discrimination.