Self-Serve Paper Shredders Available
The Recycling Center now has self-serve paper shredders that are available for use whenever the facility is open. This is meant for smaller amounts of shredding, please limit to one box per visit.
- ONLY SHRED APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTS WITH PRIVATE INFORMATION.
- Do NOT shred magazines, calendars, greeting cards, etc.
- Residents must shred the paper themselves, staff cannot assist
- Paper only! Remove all paper clips and rubber bands, staples may be left on
- Do not over feed machine- only put in small stack at a time and do not force paper in the machine
- Do not leave papers or machines unattended while shredding
- Paper shredders will strip-cut all documents
- Must be at least 16 years of age to operate machines
- The City of Coon Rapids is not responsible for shared information as the result of improper shredding
Paper Shredding Events
Events will be held for shredding larger amounts of household papers. Paper shredding is provided free to all Anoka County residents and small businesses. Your documents will be loaded in a cart provided and then emptied into the shredding truck. Documents will be shredded on site in a mobile truck using a cross cut shredder assuring your documents are in confetti sized pieces. Once you have moved through the line you are welcome to drop off your cardboard boxes at the recycling center. Please take any trash with you. There is a five (5) box limit for paper shredding events.
Paper Shredding Events
Events will be held four times during the year on the first Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This event will be held at the Coon Rapids Recycling Center located at 1831 111th Avenue NW, one block east of Hanson. There is a five box limit for all paper shredding events.
2019 Paper Shredding Dates:
Saturday, February 2, 9 am to 1 pm
Saturday, June 29, 9 am to 1 pm
Saturday, August 3, 9 am to 1 pm
Saturday, November 2, 9 am to 1 pm
Shredding Events Specifications & Requirements
It is not necessary to remove paper clips, staples, or rubber bands. Papers do not need to be separated from envelopes. It is not necessary to remove windows from envelopes. Books of checks do not need to be separated. Files can be left in folders. No three-ring binders, credit cards, or CDs will be accepted.
Already shred your paper at home?
Place your shredded paper in a brown grocery bag, fold the top over, place in the mixed paper.
For More Information
You are welcome to stay and watch your documents as they are shredded. We ask that you pull your vehicle off to the side so others may continue through the line. Please call the Recycling Division at 763-767-6485 with any questions or for more information.