Help Us Care for City Parks!
The City offers four public involvement opportunities for groups and individuals to help with the city's parks and trails system:
- Adopt-A-Park - Pickup litter 3 times per year, 2 years minimum
- Pick-A-Park - Pickup litter 1 time per year
- Sponsor-A-Park - Provide on-going financial and/or labor and/or real property support for development and maintenance of a park
- General Park Project - Help with a specific one-time park improvement (financial, labor or real property)
How to Get Started
1) Fill out the online interest form.
2) After the online interest form is submitted, the Parks Supervisor will call the group representative within 7-10 days to discuss the details of the project.
3) Groups participating in the Adopt-A-Park or Pick-A-Park program should download the following handouts to prepare for their event:
- Workers List (PDF) - this form must be filled out with the names of the volunteers who will be helping out with the Adopt-A-Park program. The form must be submitted back to the Parks Supervisor for review.
- Safety Tips Sheet (PDF) - please have all members read and understand the safety tips before they participate in the Adopt-A-Park program.
- Terms and Conditions Sheet (PDF) - this describes all aspects of the program in more detail.
If you have questions about this program, contact the Parks Supervisor, Gregg Engle, at 763-767-6552.
Bench Donation Program
Honor a loved one, community group or special event by donating a bench to your favorite park or trail.
Memorial benches are made of recycled plastic with a cast bronze plaque mounted on the back. The City has many locations within our parks and trails that need seating. The parks department will work with you to identify a location that matches your preferences.
Getting Started is Easy!
Learn more about the bench donation cost and program details by viewing our Park Bench Donation Form (PDF).
Other opportunities for gift donations are also available. To learn more, please contact the Parks Supervisor, Gregg Engle, at 763-767-6552.